Conquer a classic challenge along the magnificent South Downs Way as you chase the King from ancient coast to sweeping ridges
Whether you are a first time Ultra runner or a hardened professional there is something to test everyone in this ultra-accessible figure of 8 ultramarathon challenge. The hardest part might just be waving goodbye to your supporters at the festival camp for your second loop.
50km Coastal takes you along the coastal path of Chichester Harbour AONB, through the picturesque ancient village of Bosham. If Castles are your thing, 50km Castle route winds along the River Arun, past Arundel Castle and up along the South Downs Way before heading back to the finish line.
You will be treated like royalty on your journey with fully stocked pitstops, laden with food and drinks, and tireless support from our crew and medics.
This is a challenge for all, inclusive of all ages, experience, and fitness levels. Whether you’re a seasoned runner, patient plodder or weekend walker – take on 100km in one go, or 50km in one day via the coast or castle.
- Training programme tailored to all levels
- Fully signposted trails for navigation in day & night conditions
- Routes through heritage sites, AONBs and along National Trails
- Fully stocked pit stops including cereal bars, chocolate, sweets, fresh fruit, crisps, sandwiches and more
- Hot meals, showers, drinks and sports nutrition
- Bag transport to the finish
- Qualified medical personnel at all pit-stops & medical clinics at basecamp & finish points
- Finisher’s medal
- Individual chip timing throughout the event
By joining our team of #KidneyWarriors supporting kidney patients right across the UK, you get our full support throughout your training and fundraising. We’ll provide:
- Your Kidney Care UK technical top
- Our fundraising support and top tips
- Full fundraising support and materials
How to take part
I want a charity place
There are a few options with this event and how you complete your 100km. See below for details
Non-stop - 100km (without camping):
- Registration fee: £40
- Sponsorship: £500
Weekender - 100km across two days (including camping):
- Registration fee: £60
- Sponsorship: £500
Day 1 or Day 2 only - 50km:
- Registration fee: £30
- Sponsorship: £300
I have my own place
If you already have your own place in the event, we would love for you to join us. There’s no minimum sponsorship, all we ask is you raise as much as you can and still receive the same support from our dedicated fundraising team! Please let us know you have secured your own place by filling in the below form.
If you have any questions about the event you're interested in supporting Kidney Care UK in another event please don’t hesitate to contact our Fundraising team.