Kidney Care UK Charity Place Terms and conditions
The following terms ("T&Cs") apply to all fundraisers gaining a Kidney Care UK challenge event place. Please be aware that you must agree to these terms before commencing fundraising activities.
“The Charity” means Kidney Care UK (Reg Charity No 270288 (England and Wales) and SCO48198 (Scotland)).
“You/Your” refers to the fundraiser registering for The Event.
“The Event” is any fundraising event being registered for, whether organised by The Charity or third-party company (“Event Organiser”).
Participation in the Event is subject to a combination of these T&Cs as well as the Event Organiser’s terms. These must be fully observed throughout your fundraising and participation.
“Registration fee” is the individual ticket price You are required to pay in order to confirm your place at the Event.
“Charity place” is an event place purchased (via payment of a Registration fee) by You, from The Charity.
- Registration for a guaranteed Charity place must be via The Charity website or via an approved third-party site.
- Registration fees must be paid prior to participation in the Event. Registration fees are non-refundable but may be transferrable at The Charity’s discretion.
- Event places may also be available directly through the Event Organiser. In this instance your registration terms and agreement will be governed by the Event Organisers
- You must be aged 18+ on the event Date, unless the Event Organiser states a different minimum age limit.
- Certain events also require participants to complete a direct registration (“Event Console”) with the Event Organiser. All relevant information and deadline will be communicated to You by The Charity. It is your responsibility to complete this.
- All fundraising activities linked to The Event, must be solely in aid of Kidney Care UK.
- You pledge to raise the minimum sponsorship target (“Minimum Sponsorship”) for The Charity as a result of your participation in the Event and understand that it is the aim of the Event to raise as much as possible in aid of Kidney Care UK. You will agree to the specific target for your event during registration.
- You will use your best endeavours to reach the minimum target set and will communicate with The Charity if your circumstances change that inhibit your capacity to fundraise. The Charity will not ask fundraisers to personally make up any shortfall in funds but will encourage and support with time extensions to help reach your target.
- If agreed, any fundraising milestones are not met ahead of the event, The Charity reserves the right to withdraw the Charity Place and/or not fund the charity place.
- If organising fundraising events, You must not place any undue pressure on potential donors or carry out activities that could harm The Charity’s reputation.
- You will be responsible for gaining any and all relevant permissions / licences required for your fundraising activity from the applicable authorities prior to said activity (with support from the fundraising team).
- You must comply with all appropriate health and safety, alcohol, food or drink and gambling legislation whilst carrying out your fundraising.
- You understand that all monies raised in connection with the event are held on trust for Kidney Care UK, and therefore you have a legal responsibility to ensure all sponsorship monies/donations received in connection with the event are passed to us. Further support on how to donate your sponsorship can be found on our Resources page.
- Any cheques will be made payable to “Kidney Care UK” and sent directly to The Charity at the registered address, along with your full name, address and event details.
- You will endeavour to send all fundraising to The Charity no later than 8 weeks post the Event date. We will thank participants for any received fundraising at this point, unless requested otherwise.
- We will provide help and advice with your fundraising activities and aim to help you raise as much as possible.
Health and Safety
- All Charity place participants take part in the Event at their own risk.
- The Charity presumes you are medically fit and that you participate in the event at your own risk. Kidney Care UK cannot be held responsible for injury or illness resulting from your participation.
- The Charity understands that those living with kidney disease wish to take on challenges to support The Charity and we would encourage this, as long as this didn’t impact on their health as a result. The Charity would ask kidney patients (or anyone living with a chronic condition or pre existing injury) looking to take on such activities, seek independent advice and are signed off to participate, before registering.
- During The Event, The Event Organiser will be responsible for ensuring your safety. Emergency contact and/ or health information may be requested separately within 4 weeks of the event, for this reason.
- Insurance: The Charity does not provide insurance to participants participating or attending events.
- You shall be responsible for arranging any required insurance/s in relation to The Event and fundraising activities.
- For the avoidance of doubt, nothing in these T&Cs shall exclude or limit Kidney Care UK’s liability in relation to personal injury or death resulting from negligence or breach of statutory duty on The Charity’s part.
- The Charity will not be held liable for:
- any accident/injury resulting in a loss or damage to You where it is sustained from participating in The Event.
- any damage/loss as a result of cancellation or changes to The Event, that are beyond The Charity’s control.
- any accident/injury sustained as a result of an undisclosed pre-existing medical condition or injury.
Withdrawal / Deferral
- A Charity place cannot be transferred or sold to any other person
- Should You wish to withdraw, You must send written notification of this to your charity contact or [email protected].
- Deferral of places is at The Charity’s discretion and must be discussed with the fundraising team. The Charity cannot guarantee a deferral but will do everything they can to make sure your Charity Place is fulfilled.
- As above Registration fees are non-refundable.
- Should You not be able to take part in The Event due to reasons out of your control every effort will be made to arrange a transfer to a preferable event/time.
Refusal of Entry
- The Charity reserves the right to refuse your Charity Place, or to end Your participation in the Event if:
- You fail to complete any required Event Console.
- You have not raised the agreed minimum fundraising pledge agreed by your registration and no other arrangements have been agreed.
- by participating, you would be going against medical / health advice to not participate.
- You agree that should the Event Organiser cancel / postpone or change the Event arrangements, their terms and conditions will apply.
- The Charity will use reasonable endeavours to communicate any such changes as soon as possible to You.
- Should the Event Organiser cancel the Event, The Charity will offer a full refund of the Registration fee as well as offering the return of any sponsorship.
- Refund requests must be made in writing. Refunds will be refunded by The Charity directly via the original payment method.
- If requesting a refund of sponsorship, please note that if it was donated:
- via an online fundraising platform within 6 months of Your request, this must be directed at the relevant online fundraising platform to process the refund.
- via an online fundraising platform over 6 months ago, the request will be dealt with by The Charity and refunded back directly.
- The Charity shall however not be responsible for any additional costs relating to your Charity place including (but not limited to) accommodation, travel or sustenance costs.
- At events The Charity may take photos and/or videos of participants. You agree that we can use any photographs, videos and other content taken at the event in which you or your friends and family appear on our social media channels and/or for Kidney Care UK marketing materials, advertising and publications.
- You have the right to say you would prefer not to have your photo used or when you want us to stop using the picture/video.
- We will not include personal contact details on our website, video, social media or printed publications.
- These Terms and Conditions do not cover gaining a Charity place in the TCS London Marathon for Kidney Care UK.
- The Charity TCS London Marathon places are offered following an application process. This process and places have their own Terms and Conditions when launched.
Fundraising Event Own Place Terms and conditions
Please read the following if you're interested in taking part in a Challenge Event for Kidney Care UK where you have a place of your own.
You confirm, to the best of your knowledge, that you are medically fit and that you participate in the event at your own risk. Kidney Care UK cannot be held responsible for injury or illness resulting from your participation.
You understand that it is your responsibility to read any terms and conditions issued by the race organisers and to comply with these.
You understand that all monies raised in connection with the event are held on trust for Kidney Care UK, and therefore you have a legal responsibility to ensure all sponsorship monies/donations received in connection with the event are passed to us.
You agree that we can use any photographs, videos and other content taken at the event in which you or your friends and family appear on our social media channels and/or for Kidney Care UK marketing materials, advertising and publications.
You have provided Kidney Care UK information about you and consent to Kidney Care UK sharing this data with the race organisers in order to participate in this event.
Kidney Matters Prize Draw 2023
These Terms and Conditions prevail in the event of any conflict or inconsistency with any other communications, including advertising or promotional materials. Entry/claim instructions are deemed to form part of the terms and conditions and by participating all entrants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by the terms and conditions.
- The Promoter: Kidney Care UK, 3 The Windmills, St Mary’s Close, Alton GU34 1EF.
- Eligibility: This prize draw is open to all survey participants who are UK residents (England, Scotland, Wales & Northern Ireland) aged over 18, excluding employees and their immediate families.
- Promotional period: 1 November 2023, 7am, to 31 December 2023.
- Entry instructions: To enter the prize draw, please complete the online survey and supply a contact email address.
- Only one entry per person. All additional entries will be disqualified.
- No third party or bulk entries.
- Incomplete, illegible, misdirected or late entries will not be accepted.
- No rude or swear words will be accepted.
- Prize fund: £100 Marks & Spencer voucher.
- Winner selection: the winner will be selected at random from all eligible entries on Thursday 4 January 2024 and then notified by email via the account provided.
- It is the responsibility of the entrant to provide correct, up-to-date details on acceptance of the prize. Kidney Care UK cannot be held responsible for winners failing to supply accurate information which affects prize acceptance or delivery of their prize.
- General: Kidney Care UK decision is final and binding. No correspondence will be entered into. Entry implies acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- Prize must be accepted as offered by the named winner. There is no cash or alternative prizes in whole or part.
- You agree that if you are the winner that you will take part in and co-operate fully with reasonable publicity and to the use of your name (first name), photograph and any comments in such publicity without any fee being payable.
- The name of the winner will be shared on social media channels.
- Kidney Care UK accepts no responsibility for system errors or other issues that may result in disruption to, lost, delayed or not received entries, winner notifications or prizes.
- Kidney Care UK reserves the right to cancel, amend, withdraw, terminate or temporarily suspend this promotion in the event of any unforeseen circumstances.
- Data protection: any personal information that entrants share with Kidney Care UK will be kept secure and will be treated in confidence and in accordance with current data protection laws. Data provided as part of an entry will only be used in line with these terms and conditions unless the entrant has opted into future marketing from Kidney Care UK.
- Kidney Care UK reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value should circumstances outside its control make this necessary.
Ordering magazines Terms and conditions (dietitians and healthcare professionals)
- To place an order, the order form must be completed and include your purchase order number.
- Please note that we do not accept orders via purchase order numbers emailed to us.
- Please ensure you place an order well before running out of stock, to avoid any disappointment.
- We currently make no separate charge for postage.
- All proceeds from the sale of these magazines are used to further our work, offering support for kidney patients and their families.
- Orders should be with you within ten working days – please contact us if you have not received your magazines after this period via [email protected].
- Please note we can't post anything outside of the UK.