Fundraising income is only way we can support and sustain the growing demand for our services from patients and healthcare professionals alike.
It is your generosity that allows us to continue our vital work to improve life for kidney patients and their families.
You, our supporters, are at the heart of everything we do we want giving to us to be a positive and rewarding experience. We have built our fundraising approach around this very principle.
Your support allows us to support more of the 3.5 million people who are affected by CKD. If you would like to donate, find out how to support us online, on the phone or by post.
How your donations help
Thanks to our wonderful supporters in 2022, we had a record year of fundraising that enabled us to make a greater direct impact on our beneficiaries than ever before. Just some of the highlights included:
- Our total fundraised income for 2022 was £2,293,356.
- 1,000 individual donors chose to give to one of our appeals.
- Our average individual gift was approximately £53, with a significant number of repeat gifts.
- 192 gifts from 54 donors were for amounts of £100 or above, generating a total of £46,885.
- 145 people gave to Kidney Care UK for the first time after responding to our social media activity.
- We received 395 tributes in memory of loved ones who died during the year; 275 were from families or individuals and 120 from funeral providers.
- We received income from 24 legacies, totalling £1,117,776, and are humbled that these individuals chose to leave us a gift in their Will.
- The largest amount gifted to us from a single estate during 2022 was £354,000.
Our approach to fundraising
By registering with the Fundraising Regulator, Kidney Care UK has made a public promise to ensure all our fundraising activity is legal, open, honest and respectful.
- We commit to communicating appropriately and sensitively when engaging with our supporters and the public.
- We promise to make it easy for supporters to tell us how they would like us to contact them.
- We keep our supporters' personal details safe, secure and confidential and will never sell or swap any details with any third party.
To ensure we manage our fundraising approach and keep it under review, we record any complaints and any failures to comply with the standards we have set and follow. We are pleased to say that in 2022 we did not have to respond to any complaints made by our supporters or the general public.
We continue to grow in confidence in delivering our fundraising as we have set out to do.