We have joined forces with numerous utility companies to provide vital support for kidney patients across the UK. Through our partnerships we aim to provide additional support to vulnerable people living with CKD and especially to those living in the most deprived areas across the utility company networks.
We will work together to make it easy for people to register for extra support by joining the Priority Services Register.
Through our utility partnerships we will:
- Highlight the specific needs of vulnerable kidney patients within the community and help our utility partners better understand the challenges that people with kidney disease are facing.
- Raise awareness of the fact that people with kidney disease have been disproportionately affected by the cost of living crisis, when it comes to utility usage and costs.
- Share details of the support available to kidney patients by providing the direct contact information for each utility company's extra care team and the specific services they offer.
Kidney Care UK is delighted to be working with the following utility companies:
Kidney Care UK is working with Anglian Water to support people living with CKD in the Anglian region and help them access additional support services .
Across the region Anglian Water serve approximately 870,000 people living with CKD and there are almost 10,000 patients who have had transplants, or are on either home or in-centre dialysis.
- Financial assistance
- Debt support
- To sign up to the Anglian Water Priority Services Register Anglian Water has also set up a dedicated telephone line to ensure customers living with CKD are able to get through to their Priority Services Team. Via this dedicated line, patients can speak to operators who are trained to understand kidney disease and how it impacts on a person’s life.
Anglian Water has also set up a dedicated telephone line to ensure customers living with CKD are able to get through to their Priority Services Team. Via this dedicated line, patients can speak to operators who are trained to understand kidney disease and how it impacts on a person’s life.
If you are an Anglian Water customer and would like to sign up for their PSR, or find out if you can access help paying your water bill, please call the dedicated helpline on 0800 232 1962.
Electricity North West
Kidney Care UK and Electricity North West have joined forces to support the 415,000 people with kidney disease in the North West of England.
By working in partnership, we aim to provide specific support for around 73,000 people living in areas with the highest prevalence of CKD in the Wirral, Salford, Greater Preston, Liverpool and Manchester.
- Power supply issues and assistance
- Free energy advice
- Help for your household with bills
- To sign up for the Electricity North West Extra Care Register
Email Electricity North West on [email protected] or call 0800 195 4141.
Working in partnership, Kidney Care UK and E.ON Next will support people living with kidney disease in five areas with a high prevalence of CKD and high levels of fuel poverty within Nottingham, Coventry, Leicester, Bolton and the North East.
Get in touch with E.ON Next to receive support for:
- Direct assistance with energy bills and extra support through specially trained teams
- Priority support from dedicated teams of Energy Specialists and signposting to external agencies such as StepChange and Citizens Advice
- Power supply issues and assistance
- To sign up for the E.ON Next Priority Services Register
Email E.ON Next on [email protected] or call 0808 501 5045.
Severn Trent Water
This is an exciting partnership to transform the support that our kidney community will receive in the Severn Trent supply network. We are pleased to be working in partnership with Severn Trent to help support more of the 260,000 people living with chronic kidney disease in this region to enable them to receive support appropriate to their condition.
Get in touch with Severn Trent online to find out about their support services for customers or call 0800 085 4986:
- Financial Hardship Fund
- Debt Support
- Signing up to Severn Trent Water's Priority Services Register.
Kidney Care UK and Southern Water have joined forces to support more than 150,000 people with CKD in Southern Water’s supply area.
We know there are 26,500 people living with CKD in the four most deprived areas: Thanet, Crawley, Hastings and the Isle of Wight. There are over 3,000 people currently on dialysis in Southern Water’s overall network.
By working together, we will raise awareness of mutually beneficial services in these regions and support kidney patients across the South at a time when this is more important than ever.
Get in touch with Southern Water for support with:
- Saving water advice and information
- Assistance with paying bills
- Signing up to the Southern Water Priority Services Register
Email Southern Water on [email protected] or call 0800 0270800.
Scottish & Southern Electricity Networks
Kidney Care UK is working with Scottish & Southern Electricity Networks (SSEN) to help people living with CKD access additional support services. SSEN bring electricity to communities throughout the north of Scotland and central southern England. It’s their job to fix power cuts as quickly and safely as possible.
Get in touch with SSEN to receive support with:
- Saving energy and reducing bills
- Financial help, including free benefit entitlement checks
- Priority treatment during planned or unplanned power cuts
- Safety advice tailored to your customers' individual needs
- Support during severe weather events and prolonged power outages (meals, drinks, warmth and charging points).
Sign up for the Priority Services Register online or call 0800 294 3259.
You can also download the Powertrack app to see power outages in the SSEN network.
SGN & Scottish Water
Kidney Care UK are working in partnership to promote PSR Scotland to support the 180,000 people who are living with CKD across Scotland.
PSR Scotland is a joint safeguarding initiative supported by Scottish Water, SGN, Scottish & Southern Electricity Networks and SP Energy Networks, to promote the Priority Services Register (PSR) for vulnerable households across Scotland. The Priority Service Register is free to join and helps utilities provide tailored priority support should your gas, water or electricity supply go off in an emergency, as well looking after you during planned work.
To find out more about joining the Priority Services Register if you live in Scotland, visit PSRScotland.com
Look online for more details of support from Scottish Water.
We’re really excited to be working with Thames Water to support vulnerable kidney patients. There are approximately 470,000 people living with CKD across their network region, with 40% of these living in the two most deprived percentiles in North West and North East London.
By working in partnership, we aim to provide specific support to around 20,000 patients who have been transplanted or are on home dialysis or in centre dialysis in these areas of high deprivation.
Get in touch with Thames Water to sign up for the Priority Services Register:
Kidney Care UK is excited to launch a new partnership with United Utilities. We are working together to support the 415,000 people with kidney disease in the North West of England.
In partnership we aim to support around 55,000 people living with CKD in the four most deprived areas in the United Utilities network in Liverpool, Manchester, Salford and Preston.
Get in touch with United Utilities for help with:
- Water supply issues and assistance
- Support with household bills
- Cold weather advice
- To sign up for the United Utilities Priority Services Register
Call United Utilities on 0345 672 2888.
Wessex Water and Bristol Water
We know there are around 46,800 people living with CKD in the two most deprived areas in Bristol and Dorset. There are over 1,800 people currently on dialysis in their joint overall network.
By working together, we will raise awareness of mutually beneficial services in these regions and support kidney patients across the South West at a time when this is more important than ever.
- Assistance with paying your water bill or debt support
- Signing up to the Wessex Water and Bristol Water Priority Services Register